Accountant - US GAAP & SOX
We are looking for an Accountant that has got experience in US GAAP and SOX compliance to assist in the Finance and Accounting function on a regional basis.
Our client is a one of the world's leading manufacturer in electronics with a strong presence globally.
Singapore is their HQ for Asia and they are positioned to be managing the major subsidiaries from the regional office. Very strong branding and stable company where they've proven to be able to tide through the recent difficult times without any drastic measures. They are located in the East of Singapore.
* Perform full financial close process, ensuring timely and accurate submission of financial reports
* Perform general ledger accounting, prepare monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis
* Involvement in analysis of technical accounting matters
* Support financial and business reporting, and information requirements
* Collaborate closely with various Functional stakeholders and Shared Service Centre to support finance operating requirements of the business. Support the resolution of relevant operational matters
* Perform Inventory and costing related activities
* Perform Credit Limit system master maintenance
* Assist on external and internal audit requirements
* Ensure that finance related processes are compliant with SOX baseline and controls
* Support the preparation of statutory financial statements under Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and Companies Act
* Preparation of reports to meet compliance requirements and submissions for statutory and governmental regulations:
▪ Singapore Corporate Income Tax computation for annual tax return
▪ Quarterly GST return
▪ Withholding tax
▪ various government surveys
* Diploma in Accountancy and above, or equivalent professional qualifications
* Minimum 3 years of financial accounting experience in General Ledger function in a multi-national corporation
* Knowledge of SOX and US GAAP/SFRS
* Knowledge and experience in Singapore Corporate Tax and Goods and Services Tax compliance is an advantage
* Strong proficiency in SAP and Excel
This is a permanent opportunity in the East of Singapore, offering a competitive remuneration package and a good work-life balance environment.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michael Seow on +65 6541 9918.