We have an exciting management opportunity to join and lead the commercial Retail Finance team!
As a Finance Manager within the Retail team you’ll be responsible for reporting on the performance and profitability of our portfolio of 500 stores and will play a key role in supporting the ongoing evaluation of retail space and profitable new space and lease renewals. As a Finance Manager you will work regularly with our senior regional teams (Sales, Estates, Shopfitting) with frequent links to Directors and Main Board members.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high profile management role which provides commercial and financial support to the Retail business, as well as managing significant branch-related costs. It requires working to tight deadlines whilst managing a team of five analysts, maintaining emphasis on service, quality & providing insightful information to assist core retail business decisions.
So, what will you actually be doing?
- Forecasting / budgeting for store sales, payroll and consumables costs, as well as central costs for retail support teams.
- You will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate analysis, information and advice to our Retail Sales teams to support them in achieving and maximising profitable sales; from assessing the potential profitability of new sales initiatives, to supporting the appraisal process for all new store openings/closures or alternative use of existing space by concession partners.
- You will work closely with our Area / Regional Managers, Estates and Shopfitting teams when preparing Branch Appraisals to be presented to Directors and Main Board members.
- With responsibility for Branch Payroll and Consumable costs of c£300m, you will work closely with HR / Payroll / Commercial Services teams to ensure costs are accurate, well controlled and cost saving opportunities are assessed and accurately monitored.
- You will lead and manage a team of analysts who provide financial information to stakeholders to support their decision-making.
- You’ll have lots of opportunity to demonstrate your analytical / technical skills, business acumen and presentation style as you’ll be working with a broad spectrum of people at a senior level.
So what are we looking for?
- You’ll have a good commercial awareness, strong attention to detail and have a real focus on customer service.
- A qualified accountant with strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise departmental tasks and workloads to ensure key tasks are achieved to the highest standards.
- You should be astute in your analysis, to identify opportunities to enhance growth and communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and confident in motivating, supporting and developing your team, leading discussions, promoting change and driving business improvements.
- Are you a qualified accountant with demonstrable experience in commercial finance?
- Are you a strong leader who is able to present influence across all levels of the organisation?
- Do you have strong technical expertise and experience of financial modelling and presentation?
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closing Date: 28th May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.