Group IFRS17 Business Partner
This is a great opportunity to support a high profile finance project before moving into a senior finance position within the organisation.
As part of the implementation programme you will redevelop the business planning models to assist key stakeholders within finance and senior management. To ensure they understand the implications of the new standard on the projected reported results and KPI's.
My client is an award winning organisation based in South Wales.
- Obtaining a good understanding of the activities of the business and the existing (IFRS4 basis) business planning models and a strong working relationship with managers across the business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural analysis for a variety of departments.
- Working closely with the technical accounting policy workstream to ensure a detailed knowledge of the requirements of IFRS17 and how they apply.
- Performing a detailed gap analysis on the existing business planning models to identify areas where additional granularity / additional assumptions are required, and communicating those to the business finance teams
- Working closely with third party and in-house technical experts to perform a financial impact assessment to quantify the impact of IFRS17 on projected financial results
- Develop business planning models that assists senior management decision-making and complies with the requirements of IFRS17
- Become an SME on IFRS17-compliant business modelling to assist UK and overseas based finance teams run business planning models once the standard becomes BAU
- Working with central and local project management, including local workstreams, to support planning and execution of IFRS17 delivery plans
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - ideally 3 years Post Qual
Excellent Excel Skills
Analyitical and Critical thinker
Bonus and Share scheme
Hybrid working organisation
Award winning company culture