Tax Administrator - Fiduciary Income Tax Services
Fiduciary Income Tax Services - Tax Administrator – Chicago
There are openings on three teams within the Tax group:
Fiduciary Income Tax Services (FITS) - The Global Client Tax Service Group is responsible for preparing tax products including 1041’s for trusts and estates and 1099’s for agencies and IRA’s.
Global Family Office Tax Team (GFO) - The Global Client Tax Services Group provides tax preparation and reporting services to affluent individuals and families, foundations, endowments, and corporations. This position will focus on fiduciary trust accounting and trust tax return preparation for family office clients.
Corporate and Institutional Services Tax Team (CIS) - The Corporate and Institutional Services (CIS) Tax Team, a division within Global Client Tax Services, is responsible for preparing informational tax returns and providing ancillary tax services for our CIS clients. These forms consist of IRS Forms 1099DIV, 1099INT, 1099OID and 1099B for custodian clients; also referred to as a comprehensive 1099. Additionally, the team is responsible for preparing grantor 1041 returns for our eligible trustee clients. CIS Tax provides year-end tax informational letters for our clients, where no fiduciary relationship exists, to assist with a client’s overall federal return. CIS Tax prepares book to tax reconciliation reporting which shows the correlation to the client’s audited annual to the tax informational letter.
- Manages an account load requiring review of transactions, review of trust documents and may include preparation of Forms 1041, 1099 (B, INT, MISC, R) and 5498.
- Recognize, research and resolve tax and/or accounting issues as warranted
- Interact with internal partners and external clients to resolve any tax related matters
- Remain cognizant of any new tax law changes as it pertains primary tax assignments
- Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of tax and accounting
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously being able to forge productive team relationships
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, personal organization, motivation, maturity, and ownership of one’s work
- 1 to 5 years of prior tax experience preferred but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate or Master of Science in Taxation is a plus
- Experience with tax provisions and compliance software such as Thomson Reuters OneSource or CCH ProSystem fx Tax is a plus