Risk Management Lead
Over 300 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial center, whose headquarter is located in Poznan.
The Polish financial center is a part of GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region in terms of Planning & Reporting and Close & Control activities, as well as more complex accounting activities. Similar two units, responsible for serving Americas, as well as for Asia and Australia, are located in Costa Rica and Malaysia respectively. Our regional finance hubs centres of expertise that will work together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
We are currently growing our Finance Risk Management and Controls Operation team in Poznan which is part of the Global Finance Risk Management and Controls Centre of Excellence organization based in London. We are selecting top talent on audit, risk and/or Internal Controls to support finance operations at the Hub as well as global finance processes to manage risks.
Risk Management team is focused on key risk mitigation initiatives in partnership with the business, driving a risk management mindset in the organization. Controls Testing activities are performed by an external controls testing provider, under the oversight of the Risk Management Team so there is clear focus on high risk areas and exposure.
Currently, we are looking for experienced candidates for a senior position of Risk Management Lead. Please find details below. If you are interested in the role – apply and join our GSK Finance Hub – Europe!
- Managing and supervising Controls Testing Plans delivered by our third-party supplier, which includes reviewing controls testing results, and communicating significant issues and areas of exposure to local management and Finance Directors
- Managing senior stakeholders very closely regarding risk management and controls and drive a proactive risk mindset in the organization
- Performing end-to-end process risk assessments and control deficiencies analysis to identify high areas of exposure, support in root cause analysis and investigation, review and align with the business on remediation plans and actions to reduce risks or resolve deficiencies
- Provide Risk management expertise on remediation activities related to control deficiencies and/or process gaps to ensure adequate risk mitigation
- Advise on risk management and controls impact to projects and/or continuous improvement initiatives led by the global process tower organization and/or Process Improvement Experts in Global Finance Services (GFS) organization and / or the regional hub leadership team
- Support and engage with external audit, and other external or internal bodies in risk and control issues to reduce impact to business, increase reliance, and align on auditor’s assessment of the finance control environment for SOX reporting purposes
- Collaborating across the regions to inform and gather intelligence on risks and controls
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and one of the relevant professional qualifications: CPA, ACCA, CA, CIA or equivalent (could be still in progress)
- Minimum 5 year of experience within an international corporate company in internal controls, external or internal audit and/or risk management
- Level of expertise equivalent to a Senior Supervisor/Assistant Manager/ Manager within External Audit
- SOX compliance experience
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, user of analytical tools / technology
- Leadership skills
- Experience of interacting at a senior level and take executive decisions in challenging situations
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Growth opportunities in HUB, including both progression in Risk management and also career development opportunities in other areas served by the HUB, like reporting, controlling
- Formal development plans and trainings supporting in development of managerial skills and technical trainings
- Opportunity to be part of complex international projects and change management in supportive business culture
- Development of practical knowledge of SAP (including daily work and trainings)
- Opportunity to transfer your knowledge from international consulting companies to business environment (if applicable)
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, preventive healthcare services)
- Attractive holiday and Christmas allowance
- Using English on a daily basis
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Excellent work-life balance
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
- Flexible working hours including mix of remote work and office-based time.