Technology Consulting (BTA) - Business/Technical Analyst, Senior Manager
New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the people we serve. We must move forward together into NextWave.
As part of our NextWave strategy, both Business Design Leads and Technical Design Leads will be key to unlocking opportunities across Technology Consulting. We are looking to recruit high achieving individuals with these skills to be part of our growing business.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping companies solve a whole range of tasks from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to applying comprehensive cost reductions and implementing of ERP systems. As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
This is a Senior Manager position. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a key member in growing our Business & Technical Analysis practice.
If you have a keen interest in technology as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you.
Your key responsibilities
As a Business or Technical Design Lead, you will build valuable relationships with our clients through demonstrating exceptional delivery. You will be a key member within the Business & Technical Analysis team, and will help provide insight and expertise in order to help the team achieve strategic targets. You will get the opportunity to lead out EY teams on client engagements, while establishing and building strong client relationships. You’ll have the responsibility to help grow and win new business by contributing to proposals and client presentations. You will also get to draw on your skills and experience, creating innovative insights for clients looking to develop their change agenda to deliver value and improve their operations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eager to build valued relationships with both our clients and your peers across EY
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Strives to identify new opportunities and helping create proposals to help solve our client’s most complex problems
- Passion for developing people through effectively coaching and mentoring more junior members of staff
- A continued ambition to further develop and learn, fostering an interest in innovative technologies
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 8 years within a consulting firm, industry or government organisation
- A strong track record in consulting
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related area
- Experience in one or more of our focus industries, including Utilities and Public Sector
- Experience as a Design Lead – e.g. Agile Design, Process Design, Op Model Design, Technology Delivery Lead
- Industry standard certifications
- Experience operating in a fast paced, multi-vendor environment
- Experience in business development such as client relationship management and proposal support
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience gathering, defining and documenting requirements for the enhancement, replacement, or introduction of IT systems
- Experience analysing systems and procedures, process design and modelling, and documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ assessments for a Target Operating Model
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies, including the creation of User Stories and working closely with a Product Owner
- Experience conducting workshops and interviews
- Experience as a Business or Technical Design Lead
- Experience leading out client engagements
- Experience with Stakeholder Management and working collaboratively with Development and Testing teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet client and user business needs
- Experience in the delivery of large-scale business/technology programmes and ideally in ERP or CRM implementations (Oracle, MS Dynamics, SAP)
- Experience completing Business Architecture reviews and defining Business Architecture strategy
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.