Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager – Climate Change and Sustainability Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Today, a company’s value is increasingly reflected not just in its short-term financial performance, but also in its ability to deliver value to multiple stakeholders, including consumers, employees, governments and wider society. How organisations respond to global challenges such as climate change and sustainability are critical in how they deliver and demonstrate value to stakeholders.
In response to this, we are looking for high-performing, innovative and enthusiastic candidates to join our growing team of climate change and sustainability professionals who are building a better working world by helping global organisations to identify, measure, deliver and report on the climate and sustainability issues which are most relevant to create long-term value for business.
Successful candidates will join the Climate Change and Sustainability Services team at EY. Within Climate Change and Sustainability Services our focus areas are climate change, sustainability assurance and advisory, long term value, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), and Environmental Social Governance (ESG). There will be opportunities to work across the focus areas within the wider team.
Your key responsibilities:
This role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, agile team that is committed to helping clients build long-term sustainable businesses. This opportunity will enable you to work with leading organisations to deliver better outcomes on some of the world’s most pressing climate and sustainability issues. You will interact with EY colleagues globally and work across our different sectors and business activities.
EY is looking for senior consultants to help clients respond to issues across the sustainability agenda. Key service areas include:
- Sustainability reporting and assurance
- Sustainability strategy
- Climate change risk
- Carbon measurement and management
- EHS risk and compliance
- ESG advisory
- Responsible investment
Skills and attributes for success:
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping clients to future proof their businesses and to make them more sustainable in an ever-changing world where doing business is increasingly shaped by social purpose; climate change; effective governance, innovation, and the creation of long-term value.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Degree in a relevant discipline, for example sustainability, environmental science, engineering, finance or economics.
- Understanding of the links between climate change, sustainability, business risk and value creation.
- Ability to maintain a strong client focus across multiple client engagement teams, sharing responsibility, providing support and coaching to junior team members, developing relationships, and maintaining communication with senior team members.
- Ability to gather, analyse, and distribute information regarding developments in sustainability to our clients and our practice.
- Ability to support in business development by highlighting potential opportunities for new engagements and responding to tenders. Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's services.
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients.
- Ability to perform sustainability-related audit procedures; evaluate and test processes and related controls; participate in client meetings and prepare reports.
- Strong commercial skills, an entrepreneurial mind set, and good understanding of business processes.
- Strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ISO 14001 Lead Auditor) is considered an advantage.
- Relevant work experience. Prior consulting, sustainability advisory and assurance experience, or industry experience is an advantage.
What we look for:
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.