Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Recs)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
Working as part of a dedicated Reconciliations Team, the individual will be responsible for the execution and oversight of reconciliations on a daily basis. The individual will ensure that all client service standards and regulatory requirements are met together with working with partners in different jurisdictions.
- Responsible for reconciling all assigned accounts accurately and efficiently within relevant deadlines.
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness of offshore teams, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
- Liaise with the other Transfer Agency partners to monitor and report on the Aged Reconciliation items
- Liaise with clients and investors to resolve and report unreconciled items
- Working with other team members to ensure Reconciliations Team Mailbox is kept up to date at all times and that e-mails are actioned/filed promptly and within the standard SLD.
- Attendance at internal/client meetings as required
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Transfer Agency areas, such as Dealing, Registration, and other internal areas such as the Client Services
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- Achievement of monthly KPIs
- Attend all mandatory training within the required deadlines
- Foster and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Previous Financial services experience
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Experience in working with Multiple Currencies
- Knowledge of regulatory environment
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.