Private Equity Accounting - Senior Manager
This position is within the Private Equity Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Fund Administration Managers, Officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Fund Administration Managers are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds. Should be flexible to work at both Supervisory & individual contributor as per business requirement/demand.
1. Service Delivery
- Adhere to State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) strict internal control procedures.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly client deliverables are meet
- Display ability to performance variance analysis to explain significant movements from quarter to quarter.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals, partner capital allocations and tax work paper packages.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms
- Undertake full review of calculation and verbiage on Limited Partner capital calls and distributions.
- Undertake full review of accounting work paper packages, fees calculations, financial statements and other reports and communications to Limited Partners
- Review quarterly management fee, waterfall, capital account calculations.
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Demonstrate good management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group.
- Assist with development and implementation of training all levels of accounting staff
- Supervision of subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff)
- Integrate new business/client onboarding
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
The Officer can interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. A strong foundation with communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates with the following attributes, skills and experience are preferred:
- Proactive – self starter
- Ability to multi–task and work under time constraints
- Ability to attend conference calls during non-local business hours
- MS office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, PowerBI, SharePoint)
- Proven track record of innovation (knowledge of VBA and advanced excel skills would be beneficial)
- Investran v.5.3 or higher (PE partnership accounting platform)
- Prior staff management experience
- Fluency in writing and speaking English
Academy and experience required:
- Candidate must have a university degree (accounting, business, mathematics, finance or economics)
- Strong accounting experience required
- Experience in Private Equity or Real Estate an advantage
- Knowledge of VBA and advanced excel skills preferred
- 8 years+ relevant working experience is required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.