Senior Accounting Analyst
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing global IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY’s Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The team is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated Center of Excellence (CoE) focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We provide specialist accounting, statutory reporting, tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic finance and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
We are focused on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally and also in delivering on their transformation agenda. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
We are happy to announce that we are searching for new team members.
If you can demonstrate an extensive background in accounting and finance for multi-country clients and RTR experience , please feel more then welcome to apply.
As Senior Accounting Specialist, your main objective will be to work on one multi-country engagement.Your key responsibilities:
- Prepare General Ledger journal entries, including supporting calculations and analyses
- Payroll accounting: book entries and review/reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts for payroll, holiday / bonus, social security and related accruals
- Accruals/Prepayments: identify and book entries, review and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Perform various country specific entries and reconciliations such as include for example leases, rent, professional services etc
- Perform / review balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline, and determine actions required to address open or aged items
- US GAAP to local GAAP bridging and equity reconciliations
- Support the statutory audit and coordinate preparation and approval of statutory financial statements with local EY teams
- Support tax compliance processes
- Prepare and update process documentation
- Propose ideas to improve/automate processes and drive efficiencies
- Collaborate with process controllership teams (AP, AR, FA, CM, SC…) and client finance personnel to deliver a coordinated and quality service.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Practical accounting experience in several of the responsibilities listed above
- Excellent communication skills as this is a client facing role
- Ability to own the full entity Trial Balance; quickly develop an understanding of the business and how business transactions impact the accounting books (US GAAP and Statutory)
- Identify issues and proactively solve challenges
- SAP / S4Hana experience (nice to have)
- Ability to learn client specific processes quickly and manage processes independently
- Time management, commitment to deadlines, and ability to work under pressure
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience in accounting with 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Shared service General Ledger (GL) experience is an asset.
- Very good work organization, initiative and commitment,
- Ability to work in a global international team and ease in building contacts and networking,
- Ability to provide timely and comprehensive answers to clients’ queries,
What working at EY offers:
- work with clients across EMEIA, regardless of our location or theirs.
- manage EY multi-country client accounting and finance processes end – to – end, including service delivery and contract management
- active engagement with clients to determine and oversee the accounting and finance processes, use of technology, performance management and continuous improvement opportunities,
- work with the client, third-parties and EY network to design and implement finance operations solutions,
- permanent participation in applying, developing and implementing technology in the service delivery
- coaching, development and grow the team of junior accountants
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.