Senior Fund Accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This role is within Northern Trust’s growing Saudi Arabia office in Riyadh. The role is part of our Global Fund Administration team that look after 4,000 funds worth $3trillion on behalf of 400 clients. This role fundamentally oversees the production of various Middle Eastern fund activities, performed from our other offices, as well as being the key client contact for delivery of those services
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- A 5 day week, Monday to Friday, starting at 6am until 3PM (Flexible working hours)
- Delivery of accurate and timely services, such as Funds’ NAVs and investor deals, to our Northern Trust Fund Administration Clients in the Middle East
- Validate Fund’s NAVs before they are published and work closely with all stakeholders to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Oversight of fund onboarding, working closely with the client and Fund Accounting new business team to ensure that funds are brought in to Northern Trust per client requirement.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders, in various locations, to maximise delivery to our clients that meets the service level agreements
- Proactively liaise with the external clients around the daily service delivery – become their Subject Matter Expert
- Analyse internal reports received, raising appropriate queries, to ensure the delivery to clients is accurate and compliant with local regulations
- Participates in relevant Fund Administration meetings with other locations to maintain and develop your subject matter expertise
- Resolve your clients Fund Administration queries and issues promptly and thoroughly
- Review and update operational procedures to reflect all changes in the process
- Ensure that the SLA / KPIs are being performed in a timely manner
- Mentor and train other more junior level employees
- Good knowledge and understanding of Financial Statements.
- Good know how of Financial Ratios and Performance calculations
- University graduate with relevant degree (Finance or Business Administration is preferred)
- Proven experience in investment operations with fair knowledge of Saudi market
- Fund Accounting and Financial statement knowledge, including Middle East Funds
- Client servicing experience gained within a financial services environment
- Firm grasp of the end to end business processes i.e. can understand the impact of change or an issue on other related areas
- Arabic and English language, both written and verbal
The competencies we are seeking for this position include;
- Analytical approach
- Effective communication
- Remote management
- Proactively stays current with industry information
- Multitasking with excellent problem solving skills
- Proven proactive approach having ownership of issues until resolution
- Flexible to work in shifts and/or on a rotational basis
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.