Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions across the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
- Prepare, reconcile, and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analysing data from multiple financial systems.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Assist with the coordination of year-end deliverables with external auditors to provide all necessary information for audit purposes.
- Attend client meetings and provide advice on best practices.
- Month end ownership of key balance sheet items such as trade debtors, trade creditors, bank accounts, tangible asset accounts, GST, PAYG and superannuation.
To be successful in this position, you will have the following skills, knowledge, and attributes:
- 4+ years experience as a Financial Accountant
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and provide accuracy to month end and financial year end accounting practices.
- A broad exposure to financial systems.
- Agile mentality
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of current accounting standards.
- Good ERP knowledge
- Excellent communication skills