Compliance Officer, IB CCU Enhanced Due Diligence #172984
Your field of responsibility
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide Compliance approvals for all Client Identification matters, including ensuring all account approvals satisfied the required policy standards
- Ensure all high risk issues have been independently assessed and raised to FCC Specialist team where applicable
- Provide advisory support to IBCM & GM Front office, Client Onboarding Team and other Control functions on compliance risk related to client lifecycle
- Generate MI reports for partners and management to ensure any Exceptional Approvals are closely monitored
- Execute Compliance Control for APAC IB Compliance Operations
- Any other tasks assigned by the Team Lead manager or Department Head
You will be joining the CCU team which is part of the APAC Compliance Operations division. We are a team that is at the forefront of the organization’s vision to achieve growth sustainably through risk mitigation initiatives. We are committed to identifying and mitigating AML/KYC risks for the function and APAC division. You can expect to be joining a team that is professional, dynamic and inclusive.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Degree in Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Banking / Finance and related academic qualification. Post-graduate qualifications in AML Compliance preferable
- At least 5 to 6 proven years of relevant AML/KYC compliance experience within Investment Banking
- Outstanding understanding of AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards
- Proven experience in FCC risk assessments and understanding of improved due diligence requirements with respect to High Risk Clients
- Outstanding analytical, interpersonal, partner management and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.