Mumbai LIFC - TCM Associate (Coverage & Analytics)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley?s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley?s various businesses and its senior management team.
Liquidity, Investments & Funding Controllers (LIFC) are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) Finance organization.
Three main teams operate out of our Mumbai office:
The Treasury Capital Market (TCM) controller?s team provides the product controllership to, and partners the Firm?s treasury team. They are the first line of defense for any treasury owned PL and also ensure appropriate / accurate allocation of the said PL to the Firm?s business units. In addition, the team also ensures
The Debt controller?s team administers the Firm?s technical accounting programs, including Hedge Accounting, and support new business growth. Along with this, the debt controller?s team provide the daily product control support to Firm?s debt program.
The Cash Controllers team provides global cash reconciliation and reporting support to all of the Firm?s Cash and Cash Equivalents. They are responsible for cash reconciliations and regulatory disclosures of the said Cash & Cash Equivalents.
An opportunity exists in the TCM team to support the Director in terms of management reporting of the Treasury Transfer Pricing, weekly / monthly / quarterly financials / MCR and Treasury Residual reporting.
Team Responsibilities :
- Production of weekly and monthly financials for specific regions (EMEA, NY), including investigation and commentaries on material moves
- Preparation of various reports related to Treasury Transfer pricing and residual reporting at a global level
- Providing ad hoc reporting and analytical support to the global TCM counterparts
- Initiate process reengineering, improve efficiency, and work to improve IT systems.
- Ad hoc projects will be assigned and involve advising with Corporate Treasury, Corporate Risk Management, IT, etc. (e.g., new systems functionality testing).
- Capital Markets product controls experience preferred.
- +3 years? experience in relevant fields.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility, ensuring error free work
- Willingness to take initiative to develop and improve processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel & Powerpoint)
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.