Chief Operating Officer Internal Audit #177423
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Your field of responsibility
Join us as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at our Zurich headquarters, where your coverage area will include the business management of the International Wealth Management (IWM), Swiss Universal Bank (SUB) and Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) Internal Audit teams as well as the headquarter business region Switzerland/Luxembourg within our cutting edge Internal Audit function. Your primary responsibilities will comprise of Workforce Strategy, Swiss Location Management, People Management and Project Management topics. These are likely to include the following aspects: support Senior Leadership as the Business Partner for operational matters, resource and capacity planning (including external contract management), help drive operational process improvement and project management through Analytics, Technology and Innovation initiatives. You will also be responsible to support Location Management oversight, event oversight and liaising with our corporate function teams, such as HR, IT and building management services. You will also coordinate incident and critical issue handling, manage functional and regional cost and budget and line-manage two individuals.
Your future colleagues
Join a team where success is driven by our ability to identify emerging risks and present compelling arguments with breadth and depth. We collaborate across multiple skillsets (i.e. business, technology, change and data analysts) to build well-informed influencers with deep industry knowledge and commercial expertise. A forward-thinking attitude has enabled us to adopt new technologies and ideas, helping minimize inefficiencies and maximize thinking time. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
We are looking for:
- At least eight years of relevant work experience in Audit, Risk, Compliance, Legal or related field within the Financial Services Industry, paired with respective university degree or equivalent education.
- Resourceful, solution-oriented and strong analytical working approach, keen to collaborate in a matrix organization, across multiple countries and reporting lines.
- Ability to de-construct complex problems, and proactively propose solutions.
- Excellent project and time management skills and precision in delivery.
- Deep understanding of risk and how controls can mitigate those risks while being commercial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German would be a strong asset and ability to deliver difficult messages and present information in a succinct and concise way.
- Strong interpersonal and people leadership skills, to be able to empower a team and also manage performance.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work