Business Client Services, AVP
Job Description Assistant Vice President
The Global Support Services (GSS) COE Enterprise team seeks a skilled candidate that can provide tier 2 support for in-scope IMS applications and cycle support. This is a dynamic role as part of a global team with varied responsibilities. Candidates must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple conflicting priorities concurrently in an independent manner. They will work with colleagues in a team environment and be able to communicate and manage stakeholders across all levels of the organization including senior management. Highly effective communicator both in written and oral presentations in English language and able to negotiate and handle difficult situations effectively. Must be highly analytical in problem-solving and decision-making. Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with global team members in a distributed operating model.
- Responsible for management of the local team, their daily functions and responsibilities.
- Hypercare support (Premium client support for critical clients)
- Preparation and oversight of training plans and training trackers for functions as part of ongoing development of team.
- Facilitating a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge growth.
- Displaying a high level of technical knowledge across applications and how systems interact. Pro-active engagement with business Managers required to manage significant issues / challenges
- Responsible for coordination of efforts and alignment of actions with global team
- Be a day to day contact for business users and IT counterparts for technical assistance relating to the suite of applications
- Act as subject matter expert in the end-to-end Enterprise IT models for the clients supported.
- Manage GSS response to major incidents including ongoing coverage and staffing, and higher level communications. Drives the implementation of incident Management procedure on daily issues, quickly assessing risks and then applying urgency and good co-ordination in execution.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical analysis of more complex systems and applications problems, particularly focused on interaction between the various systems, client specific and the integration into the client’s systems.
- Using accumulated business and technical knowledge, available documentation, contacts, and troubleshooting techniques such as replicating problems and reading application logs
- Work with and co-ordinate across the 3rd tier application support and development teams to identify solutions and co-ordinate changes and deployments.
- Identify opportunities and provide input into systems and process improvements to increase the timeliness, efficiency and quality of IT services.
- Lead and/or support special projects as required, managing workload across the team and stakeholder engagement
- Actively engage in new client and application on-boarding, ensuring that all required aspects have been assessed and that the necessary training, and documentation is collated and published.
- Complete Monthly MIS and KPI reporting as required
- Prepare and maintain Standard Operating procedures
- Contribute to priority tasks achieving regional and corporate objectives
- Acquire product knowledge and understand the structure, functionality and administration procedure of responsible systems.
- Attend training sessions which assist in acquiring SSB product as well as market product knowledge.
- Adhoc tasks as required
- NA & EMEA shift on a rotational basis, as required public holidays and weekends
- Participate in 24x7 global on call support for critical incidents where required
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualifications with 14 to 18 years’ experience in financial services and/or technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) – able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff across the organization and with clients including senior management
- Strong knowledge of financial business processes, investment management servicing and fund accounting
- Strong managerial skills
- Good project management & organizational skills, can-do attitude with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to understand and interpret specific client requirements
- Knowledge of IMS specific applications (i.e., GTM, RKS, EDW, ….) advantageous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to resolve issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Sound understanding of the software development life cycle
- Positive team player. Experience working with teams in other global locations.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritize tasks effectively. Pays great attention to detail.
- Highly-motivated self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to working times with work at weekends or after normal business hours as required.
- Experienced with controls and risk management procedures at financial institutions. Ensure no audit breaches and actively highlight potential issues before they happen.
- Exposure to technologies including SQL/Oracle, Server knowledge (Linux and Windows), Job scheduler (Autosys), Application language knowledge (VB, VBA, C#/C++, Java, etc) are preferable but not essential
- Hands on approach to management with a can do attitude and a willingness to get involved at all levels
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.