Money Laundering Compliance Manager
Money Laundering Compliance Manager
Within the professional services environment, application of effective risk management is fundamental to both successful delivery of client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management (RM) encompasses the technical support and processes which enable the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery. The RM team supports EY in execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures. The team assists the development, maintenance, communication and training of key RM policies, provides advice on risk matters and monitors application of policy.
Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and tax evasion are a high focus for the regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve.
Part of a small team and reporting to the General Counsel and Money Laundering Reporting Officer, you will support the Firm's compliance in all areas of financial crime risk. You will work closely with the Financial Crime Team for UK and Ireland, based in London and will have a dotted reporting line to the Regulatory Director, Financial Crime Team, EY UK.
Your key responsibilities
You will be a key member of the compliance team with responsibility covering money laundering, terrorism, tax evasion, sanctions compliance and anti-bribery regulation. You will keep up-to-date with legal, regulatory and industry practice developments.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing the firm's policies to assess business risk and monitor, update and amend as necessary
- Providing training and communications to raise awareness and update the firm's knowledge repository
- Providing oversight and support for a central Central Due Diligence team
- Managing technical financial crime queries from client facing staff
- Conducting regular reviews of compliance with all financial crime regulation
- Investigating suspicion reports and maintain the reports register
- Involvement with other areas of general risk management/compliance
Skills and attributes for success
- Regulatory compliance experience at Manager or similar level in a sophisticated, multi-service line business environment, or financial services organisation
- Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of staff
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to act on own account, plan and implement projects, system and process improvements, reviews
- Analysis and problem solving
To qualify for the role you must have
- Previous experience in a similar role (minimum 5 years)
- Ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to build relationships across the firm (jurisdictions and service lines), in particular with senior personnel
- Ability to take difficult decisions and provide substantiated arguments
- Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
- Degree-level education. Subsequent professional qualification, such as a qualified accountant, lawyer, or other regulatory compliance qualification/ACOI accreditation desirable.
What we look for
We are looking for a Money Laundering Compliance Manager with experience working in a large, matrixed environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.