Senior Tax Specialist
Supervises & achieves seamless service delivery of India Tax Compliance operations & India Tax teams operating from DSCI - Hyderabad. This position at DSCI tax team to support Direct and Indirect tax team and process to prepare & execute various direct and indirect tax compliance filings for India. Responsible for performing basic tax research and planning. Ensuring appropriate data analysis, tax laws interpretation to facilitate various tax compliances. Assists in preparing responses to local and/or country tax authorities and actively leading assessments, audits, tax litigation support.
Reporting to: Corporate Tax Manager or Country Tax Head
SBU: Finance / Tax
This is a contractual role of 6months
Primary Responsibilities includes but not limited to.
- Should have broad understanding of full cycle corporate income tax compliances
- Responsible for ensuring Indirect tax compliances (GST) return filing, tax accounting, reviewing compliances, defending audits & assessments and handling litigations relating to GST & VAT.
- Should have working knowledge of foreign trade policy, SEZ, tax incentives etc.
- Should show Speed and agility in understanding the business and correlate direct/indirect taxes implications and benefits.
- Preparation of various returns for corporate income tax/GST/SEZ
- Preparation of monthly corporate income tax provisions as per local GAAP and US GAAP, assistance with Financial Statements tax provisions and tax notes
- Preparation and processing of tax journals, tax payments and monthly reconciliation of tax accounts
- Extract various reports from financial accounting ERP’s and perform analysis
- Assist in audits, assessments and litigations to support corporate tax teams
Impact on the Business & Team work
- Ability to research, interpret and apply tax legislations, case laws and rulings
- Working with the country tax leadership and ancillary finance functions in the organization to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Publishing performance dashboards and required tax specific reporting.
- Ensure proactive controls in place to highlight issues before they are picked up by business.
- Adheres to DuPont Internal control policies and procedures, including established SOX compliance processes.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of accounting flows tax frame works to support the process
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities
- Ensure 100% tax compliance, service delivery and adherence to all Key Control Activities.
- Ensure the process documentation is completed for all the activities and is ready for any type of audits, review, investigation etc.
Education Qualification and Experience Required
- Qualified/Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant with 2 – 5 years of experience in handling corporate income tax and indirect tax compliances.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office etc.
- Position requires analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and proficiency in the use of tax software like OneSource.
- Ability to research and understand principles of corporate income tax and GST tax laws
- Willing to travel for audits, assessments and litigations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound Accounting and Tax Knowledge of India Taxation,
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to work along with cross functional teams.
- Operating knowledge on SAP and ERP system, must have depth knowledge on Excel including vlookup.
- Good interpersonal skill.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.