Portfolio Control Analyst, Associate 2
State Street Alpha is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of Alpha within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
In the Portfolio Control team the candidate will be responsible for various functions and tasks including overdraft monitoring and resolution, material break review, month end books close however focusing mostly on stale balance monitoring and review. The role is client facing, including answering queries from clients over the phone or in writing, working with the COOs to provide timely and accurate responses to ad-hoc client queries.
- Monitor and control the stale cash balance exception reporting for clients.
- Assist with the timely investigation and resolution of data related queries, raised by both internal and external business areas.
- Take ownership of Operational Control Framework checks, overdraft monitoring, material break investigation, month end books close and reopening process
- Participate in local / global projects and initiatives
- Coordinate with internal departments to meet client needs
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education/ Qualifications:
- Degree – 1 to 2 years asset management operational experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- PC literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- SQL knowledge required.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Other: Flexible working hours may be required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.