Team Lead, Global Fee Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Team Leader role is required to support the Ireland Fees Team who are responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of all Irish revenue. This role will report to and work directly with the Manager of the Ireland Fees Team, supporting and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Fees Team. This is a high profile, important role and will involve working with all areas of the Business to ensure all fee arrangements relating to the Irish business are properly reflected in our legal books.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee and assist as appropriate in the capture, validation and review of fee billing data for all clients contracted, ensuring correct interpretation of documented arrangements.
- Review and approve the production of VAT invoices by Fee Analysts on a timely basis.
- Review of client static billing information in line with documented fee agreements.
- Oversee the collection of fee debtors on a timely basis including approving payment of fees and banking entries to agreed procedures.
- Monitor the team email inbox to ensure all queries are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist Fee Analysts to resolve complex queries.
- Timely completion of detailed analytical review and analysis of fee revenue as part of the month end fee accruals process.
- Work with New Business, Client Services and Operations Teams to ensure all new business revenue is captured on a timely basis- all new/ terminated business to be captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced with agreed timelines.
- Work with the Manager of the Ireland Fees Team to ensure that best practice is applied to the capture of fee details and that the control environment around fee capture is robust and efficient.
- Undertake day-to-day leadership of a team of Fee Analysts: management of team workload, allocation of responsibilities amongst individuals to ensure that billing, ad hoc projects and audit deliverables are met.
- Demonstrate an ability to coach, mentor and lead the team: holding regular 1:1s and team meetings, providing feedback, and setting clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team members.
- Ensure that performance reviews and assessments are completed in line with company policy.
- Facilitate staff development and enable career advancement plans for direct reports.
- Demonstrate the ability/desire to share knowledge in the form of training, mentoring or coaching others.
- Build a strong control focus within the team and ensure individuals follow due process and apply documented controls across all BAU billing and collection processes.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all fee systems, controls and processes, ensuring that the team as a whole are competent and proficient in the use / application of the same.
- Provide input to systems, controls and business process projects as required.
- Work with the Governance Fee Group to ensure best practice is adopted and that a robust and efficient controls environment is in place around the capture of Ireland Fees Team.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous experience a billing or accounts receivable function or have advanced to a similar level within an operations area of fund administration.
- Team leader/ people management, review experience.
- Experienced in a compliance focused environment (knowledgeable of controls, procedures and regulations).
- Advanced level of IT skills is essential, notably excellent competency level with Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and work to high level of accuracy in a busy environment
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and organisation skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with delivering clear and concise status reports and messaging in a timely and consistent manner.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.