Senior Accountant in Peterborough
Our client, a leading and progressive firm of accountants based in Peterborough are seeking a Senior Accountant to work alongside and support their busy team.
The Senior Accountant will be dealing with a wide range of work to include:
- Manage and deliver on all statutory deadlines for your assigned client base
- Prepare accounts and corporation tax returns
- Review work of junior team members
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Support clients with management accounts
- Deal with client queries and HMRC queries as required
The successful Senior Accountant will meet the following criteria:
- Experience working in an accountancy practice
- Familiarity with Microsoft office programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with excellent interpersonal skills
- Polite, helpful telephone skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult customers
- Exceptional administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve
- Able to follow processes and learn new software quickly and efficiently
- Experience with Xero and other accounting Software
If you’re looking for a Senior Accountant role in Peterborough but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Peterborough we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Peterborough as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Senior Accountants in Peterborough. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.