Practice Accountant in Leeds
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Practice Accountant to join a successful firm situated in Leeds.
The Practice Accountant’s focus will be to manage the current client portfolio, the junior team and to meet and acquire new clients.
The right candidate will communicate with management and help the firm to get more clients, provide exemplary compliance accounting and advisory services to clients, manage his/her own portfolios of client, providing strong customer service and adhering to the firm’s systems.
Proactive attitude and leadership skills are must have attributes for this role. Communication skills are vital in building relationships with clients.
The key duties of the Practice Accountant are as follows:
- Generating & onboarding new clients
- Selling services to existing clients
- Managing clients to ensure that the practice is giving class leading service
- Regular client contact, on a pro-active basis including service calls
- Managing the team (including subcontractors) workload to ensure that targets are met, review their work and support them in their personal development.
- Perform daily activities of statutory reporting for Accounts, Bookkeeping, VAT Returns, Personal & Business Tax Returns, payroll, Business Health checks, Basic Tax Planning,
- Adhering to the firm’s systems
- Provide clients and junior member of the team with training and support on these.
Practice Accountant Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/IFA/CIOT/AAT)
- Three or more years’ experience as Senior Accountant. QBE would be considered for an outstanding candidate.
- Accounts & Corporation Tax
- Payroll, Bookkeeping & VAT
- Corporate & Personal Taxation
- Business Growth Strategies and Basic Tax Planning
- Business Advisory Services Skills required
- Specific knowledge of Quickbooks, Xero and other bookkeeping products
What’s on offer?
£30K-£40 per annum depending on experience.
If you’re looking for a Practice Accountant role in Leeds but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Leeds we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Leeds as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Practice Accountants in Leeds. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.