Accountant, Senior Associate
You’ll be joining the Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of accounting services such as AP, AR, GL, VMD processes, analysis and reporting to multiple State Street Bank locations across the world.Who we are looking for
You need to have working knowledge of Accounting or Financial Reporting processes together with ability to take ownership for the process. Advanced MS Excel skills are more than welcome.Your new role
As an Accountant, Senior Associate you will be responsible for accounting service for assigned country ensuring operational readiness of the area of responsibilities. You will perform assigned daily, weekly or monthly accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner under the direction of the Team Leader and/or Service Delivery Lead and/or Finance Shared Service Manager.Job Responsibilities
As an Accountant you will:
- Perform complex end-to-end accounting processes that may include [but are not limited to]: accounting documents processing, payments preparation, preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to month end close schedule, facilitating and completing monthly close procedures, preparing monthly account reconciliations, assisting with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances, assisting with financial and tax audits, assisting with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements, assisting in documentation and monitoring of internal controls, performing other projects and/or reports as assigned etc.
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- Prepare transition documentation according to the instructions and under supervision of Team; may shadow accounting processing at the local country during the transition period.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training. Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Support and guide them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization. Identify training needs within the team and ensure that those needs are met
- Help to maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior among team colleagues ensuring their accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Provide expert knowledge, guidance and support to team colleagues on technical, professional and Donor Site issues at the level of team’s daily duties
- Be able to advise the team and Team Leader in all cases of doubts or difficulties that may happen in delivering service to the given Donor Site.
- Besides Team Leader acts as the first point of contact and first person to give opinion on team staff improvements’ suggestions; process improvements, application upgrade or different tasks allocation in particular
- If required support direct manager by assisting with recruitment of new staff
- Identify and execute and/or supervise the execution of process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management]
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping team and his/her direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress.
- Co-participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products within his/her department and within the State Street Corporation, if requested; support team leader by assisting with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Help in performing general monitoring and internal control over team deliverables and other, as assigned by direct manager
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Accountancy /Financial Reporting/General Ledger Accounting and/or other related fields
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices ( GL, financial accounting reporting, controlling)
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business-related degree is desired
- PC skills and very good Excel skill-set are necessary
- Advanced English language skills, written and verbal communication skills are required
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.