Excellent opportunity to join an owner managed construction firm based in Gloucestershire. They are looking for a Finance Manager to do the end to end finance and partner with the Managing Director to assist with future growth.
Our client, based in Gloucestershire is an owner managed construction business with an excellent reputation and a solid growth plan through organic and possible acquisitions. They are looking to add a Finance Manager to join the team, managing the end to end finances and supporting with the day to day running of the business.
Working directly for the directors the Finance Manager will be tasked with adding vital support to the Finance, Sales and Operations teams based at their site in The Forest of Dean.
They are looking for someone commercially savvy and confident who can get out into the business and communicate financial and other information and help to deal with the day to day running of the business at all levels.
They need someone with a 'get stuck in' attitude that isn't afraid to give anything a go.
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Cashflow forecasting when required.
- Reconciliations of bank account balances.
- Run daily bank reports continually monitoring status of all payments and receipts. Ensure all queries are resolved promptly.
- Preparation of regular VAT Returns and other tax reports.
- Preparation of the payment runs.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of Payroll and other HMRC tax reporting requirements including Corporation tax and P11D reporting.
- Able to assist directors/managers with anything that crops up on a day to day basis.
- Experienced in credit control.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of stock control and monitoring including.
- Work closely with the Sales and Purchasing teams to manage the stock ordering process, such as, collating sales. forecasts, reviewing current stock levels and making sure we have shipments 'on order' to cover forecasted sales, managing stock efficiency and accounting for the lead time associated with supplies.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA). QBEs will also be considered.
- Ideally, experience in a trade/ retail business.
- Experience managing budgets, forecasts, monthly and statutory accounts and annual audit.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Can do attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background working in an SME environment with a hands-on attitude.