Project Manager in Auckland experience in roads, 3 waters and strong knowledge of design.
Your new company
This leading provider of project management and strategic advisory services to the New Zealand's property and construction industry is growing and is seeking exceptional candidates to join the horizontal infrastructure team. They have a need for one or two intermediate PM's and one SPM.
Your new role
As a Project Manager you'll report into the Horizontal Manager and be responsible for 4 to 6 midsized projects at once. Aided by your Supervisors, Experience at all stages of the project lifecycle is important but specialist experience in one or more specific stages is considered highly beneficial also for the right candidate who can demonstrate the willingness and ability to upskill into other areas, including:
- Project Administration
- Cost Management:
- Design & Consenting:
- Procurement Advice & Execution:
- Risk Management:
- Programme Establishment & Oversight:
- Construction Oversight
- Construction Contract Administration
What you'll need to succeed
Background & Qualifications The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 7 years (Intermediate) / minimum of 10 years (Senior) demonstrable experience in civil engineering consultancy (design and/or advisory) and/or civil construction; or
- A minimum of 5 years (Intermediate) / minimum of 8 years (Senior) demonstrable experience as a specialist project manager on horizontal infrastructure projects.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or similar recognised tertiary qualification.
- General civil engineering and/or horizontal infrastructure (including but not limited to related fields such as mechanical, process engineering, etc.).
- A minimum requirement of 2 years (preferably 5+) experience in the New Zealand market.
Sector & Project Experience Demonstrable experience on projects in one or more of the following sectors is highly desirable but not essential:
- Transport, including roading/rail
- Three Waters
- Land development, including private plan changes
Specialist Skills Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following specialist skills is highly desirable but not essential:
- Design management
- Programme management
- Project programming
Fundamental Skills & Experience
- Intimate knowledge of working with council and CCO's
- The ability to work autonomously
- Effective communicator - demonstrates experience in stakeholder engagement across client / construction / users and other affected parties.
- Previous experience working in a large multidisciplinary team
- Be able to work independently, taking initiative with a pro-active approach to issues.
- Effective time management, self-prioritising of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exemplar writing skills
What you'll get in return
On offer is an industry leading training and the opportunity to work on some the most prestigious project in New Zealand.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Michael Sutcliffe on 09 884 1570 or email Michael.Sutcliffe@hays.net.nz.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.