Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant
Do you enjoy working with senior stakeholders in a varied and dynamic role? We currently have a vacancy for Senior Management Accountants at a number of our naval Ships sites - Glasgow, Portsmouth, Bristol and Frimley
As a Senior Management Accountant, you will be working on costing, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis. You will also be required to work on continuous improvement programmes across the finance function. In support of both our customer funded projects and central finance activities.
This role will provide you with opportunity to work cross functionally and develop a strong stakeholder network.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Management Accountant will involve:
- Working with functional heads and/or their business managers to control costs within the functions
- Ensuring availability of robust audit trails and information in support of rates audits and other key functional governance activities
- Support to finance functional initiatives for business improvement and business change for areas of responsibility
- Aiding the functional heads in their production of timely and accurate forecasts and business planning information whilst maintaining a level of challenge to their inputs
- Supporting the generation of management reporting and delivery of inputs to both monthly accountingprocesses and longer range planning activities
- Ensuring reviews are taking place to the agreed timetable within their area of control
- Working closely with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, as required, supporting and providing key business information to support decision making.
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Management Accountant:
- Fully qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA or relevant equivalent
- Experience of continuous improvement within a role
- Proven experience in the timely delivery of management accounts information and reporting and forecasting
- Good finance system experience and strong Excel skills
- Relevant industry experience; Engineering, Manufacturing and/or public practice preferred
What we're looking for in you:
You should have good communication skills and be able to work well in the capacity of a finance business partner. You should be able to build strong stakeholder relationships and be able to constructively challenge the business.
Location: Glasgow, Portsmouth, Bristol and/or Frimley
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. We search for new ways to provide our customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of 85,800 people in more than 40 countries, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology.
Our Naval Ships business
We design and manufacture a range of naval ships and state of the art combat systems and equipment, giving customers the capability to fulfil extensive naval operations. From offshore patrol vessels through to the latest City Class Type 26 frigates that we are building for the UK Royal Navy, and the Australian Hunter Class and Canadian Surface Combatant, we are a business that operates on a truly global platform and can offer a wide range of opportunities where you can play your part in these challenging and exciting projects.
Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for a globally competitive UK naval engineering business. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, from all backgrounds, with many different skills, experience and perspectives. We offer the flexibility you need to do what's important to you, whether that's job sharing, home working, or simply the ability to flex your start and stop times. Where practical, we'll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your full potential.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.