A role that offers a great deal of variety and will therefore suit someone with a flexible and adaptable approach to work. Technical accounting skills, as well as analytical abilities, are required.
A reputable small-to-medium sized business based in the Chertsey area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Transactional Accountant role involves;
- Ensure the recording of incoming cash receipts, includes standing orders & bank transfers are completed timely and accurately
- Close liaison with Financial Controller ensuring good coordination of month-end close procedures
- Ensure petty cash is managed within group policies with all transactions processed timely and accurately
- Produce accurate and timely balance sheet analysis with commentary
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including detailed commentary on any variances
- Compile monthly payroll updates and annual salary statements for internal members of staff
- Assist with the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Perform key reconciliations on a weekly basis across the bank accounts
- Initiate termly fee billing within Xero
- Maintain the accounts' payable and receivable ledgers ensuring accurate recording and processing of transactions
- Maintenance of all files and transactions to assist with the preparation of trial balance draft statement of financial activities and consolidated balance sheet in accordance with SORP
- Maintain and coordinate with offshore transactional team to ensure ledger accuracy within accounting software system (e.g. nominal, payroll, and purchase ledgers)
- Identify and recommend process changes for first line control failures
- Prepare timeline schedules to ensure the year-end audit process runs smoothly
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
- Ability to work with minimum supervision & prioritise effectively under pressure
- Undertake ad hoc project work when required
The ideal candidate for the Transactional Accountant role will;
- Have worked in a similar role previously
- Strong and up to date technical accounting knowledge, including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Moderate Excel skills including Vlook-Ups, Pivot Tables, and basic formulas
- AAT qualified or equivalent with significant relevant equivalent experience
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. Xero)
- A good level of oral and written communication skills
The Transactional Accountant role offers a competitive salary of £30-35,000 + benefits.
Please apply for further details.