Associate Investment Development
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, and property.
See yourself in our team
Investment Development (ID) is a specialist team that supports the Group with commercial analysis and corporate governance, which is used to ensure regulatory compliance, strategic decision making and operational excellence. Our team supports the Group CFO, Executive Leadership Team and the Board in making efficient and confident decisions on individual investments and the total portfolio.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Championing the investment prioritisation and evaluation process for the Group
- Acting as an independent adviser to the Group CFO on the internal investments portfolio
- Developing forecasts and analyses of the internal investments portfolio for the Group CFO
- Evaluating potential projects with a commercial, financial and risk lens to gauge suitability for the Group
- Promoting a consistent evaluation process through the life of the investment
- Ensuring that a robust due diligence process is undertaken on investments
Do work that matters
- Undertake your own investment analysis and review activity to ensure strategies, problem statements and execution plans are understood and properly considered
- Drafting and review of relevant documentation, discussions with senior management, building/reviewing financial models to inform decision making and synthesising output into insights for senior leaders within the bank
- Engage with people across various parts of the Group, stakeholder management and communication skills are paramount in this role
- Operational responsibilities that are required for the smooth functioning of the Investment Development team, as well as pro-actively contributing to long-term value creation for the Group
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Excellent commercial acumen with an ability to assess the key aspects of complex Group capital projects and transactions, understand the value drivers and risks and how these affect the organisation
- Ability to form an independent and balanced view on difficult situations, and support with evidence and critical thinking
- Desire to solve complex business problems - often dealing with uncertainty in a rapidly changing business
- Ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of varied stakeholders
- Aptitude for financial modelling and analysis
- Working knowledge of the role of corporate governance in a large organisation
- Excellent academic results. All degrees will be considered
If this sounds interesting, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/06/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.