Eat pizza, manage some finance. Eat more pizza. Repeat.
- Be our Finance Manager! You'll be responsible for delivery of, you know, all the super exciting and important Finance-y things that are on every one of these Finance Manager job specs. Such as:
- Leading the team to get month end over the line and management accounts out on time. Tracking and managing the process, providing status updates to Jeff (Financial Controller) and being the first point of escalation when something ain't working quite right.
- Designing and overseeing a suite of financial reporting controls to fit into that month end process. Gotta cross those t's and dot those lower-case j's.
- Corralling our data and outsourced partners to prepare and file tax returns all over the world (US, EU and UK. Probably Canada soon too).
- The 'leading the team' bit is super important. You'll have a team of 5 reporting to you (for now... there will definitely be more to come). You'll be the most hands-on influence in their day to day task management, career development, training, and technical support. We're going to want to hear a lot about your management experience and leadership style. And maybe a dramatic recreation of one of your favourite motivational movie speeches.
- Our ERP system is SAP Business ByDesign. It's a bit of a beast - but it's our beast and we love it. Help us tame it and point it towards world domination. Jeff might even let you wear his SAP hat. I wish that was a joke. It’s not. He claims he doesn’t wear it in public but occasional suspicious-looking hat hair makes us think otherwise.
Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. (Or click on the Ooni logo to see it). That wee video pretty much says it all. If you want the quick version, here it is:
- We make AMAZING pizza ovens that cook AMAZING pizza in 60 seconds. Bruce Willis has got one and he seems to be a pretty switched on guy.
- We’re growing really really fast and have no plans to slow down. Get ready for some more growing. (We're officially the fastest growing private company in Scotland)
- We’ve built a lovely office in Broxburn. There’s a train station nearby or a car park if you prefer. We have 2 staff kitchens and a ping pong table. We're mainly working from home and Zooming right now, but we'll be back in there swimming in hand sanitiser as soon as Nicola says we're allowed.
- We’re now up to 121 in the whole team. That was 57 this time last year and only 38 the year before that. It’s fun meeting so many new people but we’re going to need name badges soon. I think I read somewhere that lanyards are this season’s bumbag, so we should be grand.
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalised to show how important they are?
- You've got a super smart big accounting brain that helped you get CIMA/CA/ACCA or similarly qualified. QBE could also work if that E is right for this role.
- You have 5+ years of experience in accounts and finance. You’ve got to know your way around a balance sheet and P&L. You probably also see the world in journal entries like some kind of nerdy Neo from the Matrix. Like when you buy a Mars Bars you think 'credit bank, debit sweeties'.
- You have experience leading a team. You know how to motivate, organise, prioritise, nurture and pull together to get the job done.
- You have experience working your way around a big ERP system. Working knowledge of SAP Business ByDesign would be a bonus but is not essential.
- You're an unstoppable problem solving machine. Whatever that problem may be, you've got the initiative and drive to research and execute the solution. It could be analysis of EU tax compliance, working out the back end financial mechanics for a crowdfunding campaign or setting up a new procurement process for the whole business. It doesn't matter. No challenge is safe when you point your (possibly but not necessarily metaphorical) problem solving sword at it.
- =if(candidate="awesome at Excel","Woo hoo!","Sorry pal you've got to know your pivot tables from your xlookups for this gig.")
- You can really get on board with our values. Especially Rigour for this job. And even more especially Passion. Actually, especially all of them. They’re all important.
- £40-50k. It depends how amazing your experience is.
- £1,000 to spend on Ooni stuff every year!
- £500 to spend on your passion every year – whatever that may be. It’s Excel, right? Imagine how many ‘I Love Spreadsheets’ mugs you could buy for £500…
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro.
- Pension scheme, cycle to work, lots of treats, weekly yoga classes.
- 35 days of holiday.
- We love our people and look after them well. If there's something that's important to you but missing here, let's chat about it and see what we can do.
If you need to know more, have a look at our website. Read a bit about our values and products and generally just have a wee Google. If you like what you see and you fit the bill, send in your CV with a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us and this job - so please please please don’t forget that bit. We've never hired someone who didn't write us a nice letter. Except Jeff... but he did a cool dance.
Closing date - Friday 21st May