Financial Controller (Manager)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies.
Deloitte Accountancy delivers a huge spectrum of accountancy and controlling services to international and SME-clients, as well as fiscal, legal, M&A and business control services to family businesses. From our 11 offices, we anticipate in a flexible way to the needs of our clients by offering them daily custom-made solutions for their company. Through a transparent structure and multidisciplinary view, our extensive teams of advisors treat their files with enthusiasm, passion and technical proficiency.
To support our Accountancy practice, we are looking for a Financial controller (Manager).
As a Financial controller you will be part of our Accountancy controlling team.
Your assignment will therefore contain the following tasks:
- Assist in the analysis of the monthly figures in preparation of the closing;
- Perform ad hoc analyses for the management team in our department;
- Develop business and financial recommendations to your stakeholders, driving and supporting strategic decisions;
- Day to day governance and controlling for on-going projects (for example the recent SAP S/4 implementation);
- Play active role in selection, implementation and roll-out of new technology solutions;
- Define roll-out plan and maintain change management concerning different projects within controlling;
- Ensure financial policies are applied within the practice, adapt policies to changing environment if required;
- Formulate internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices;
- Maintain quality, integrity and consistency in all financial activities;
- Work closely together with the Finance Director of the controlling team;
- Plan and follow-up the activities of the controlling support team.
- You have 6 years or more experience with a good knowledge of financial controlling;
- You preferably have a master degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent by experience;
- You have high level analytical skills;
- You are forward-thinking, committed to finding solutions to problems, constantly improving processes and proactively looking for new opportunities to strengthen business operations;
- You are well-organized and pragmatic with the ability to prioritize;
- You are able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively;
- You have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, knowledge of French is an asset;
- You are digital savvy:
- good knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel);
- Having the ability to look & think forward in which direction your role and the role of the team could/should evolve in a more digitized controlling department and enthusiasm your team members towards this direction;
- Asset: experience in SAP S/4.
- You will be part of a highly motivated and committed team within our Accountancy department;
- Deloitte offers a dynamic and vibrant working environment where personal development and continuous learning is strongly encouraged;
- You will receive an attractive and competitive salary package completed by a range of extra-legal advantages.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.