A temporary position for a Safeguarding Advisor , for a charity in central London
A well known charity based in central London
We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience of safeguarding of children and adults, including experience of undertaking and contributing to policy, practice development and implementation. This must be from a social work background.
- A social work qualification recognised by the Health and Care Professional Council, or a similar qualification in a related area/profession, or experienced.
- Specific training in a variety of aspects of child or adult safeguarding.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding adults and children policy, procedures and legislation.
- Experience of child and/or adult safeguarding work as a senior practitioner and/or manager.
- Knowledge and experience of risk assessment/risk management. Ability to chair multi-agency risk meetings.
- Knowledge of processes such as MAPPA, MARAC and PREVENT.
- Practitioner/manager experience of working with victims or survivors of abuse, including adults with mental health issues.
- Experience of working with a range of statutory and non-statutory organisations in managing or contributing to safeguarding, including managing allegations against people in positions of trust and the management of those who may pose a risk.
- Ability to work sensitively with survivors, those who are subject to allegations and/or those that may pose a risk.
£185-£200/day via an umbrella company. This role will be working from home until July.