Interim Technical Accountant
Autonomous role supporting the wider group function.
Integral role in finalising the year-end audit.
My client is global services business, based in Weybridge but with functions all over the world. They offer a range of services into various sectors and have experienced large amounts of growth over the last few years.
The role requires a proven technical accountant, ideally an Audit background would most likely suit best. The successful applicant must also have hand-on experience of producing the statutatory accounts and financial statements and not just reviewed the. The role also requires the following areas:
- Manage the audit and liaise with the auditors directly
- Write technical papers as required and be the go to technical expert internally around any queries
- Analyse and interpret financial reports
- Identify and manage financial risk
- Internal controls advisor
- IFRS knowledge essential
- FX exposure very beneficial
- Balance sheet interrogation
- Fixed assets
- Strong excel very advantageous
The successful candidate will be a very technical expert, most likely with an Audit background. Must have exposure to working within very large and complex organisations.
This role will be autonomous although part of a wider team, you will be expected to be the go to expert internally for all departments.
Must be good on excel and understand systems well enough to interrogate data.
The successful candidate will secure an initial interim role due to a high demand for the skills outlined above. Longer-term this role could become permanent for the right person or will remain interim whilst the more permanent hire is recruited. Lots of flexibility available.