Accounts Payable Manager
A fantastic permanent opportunity for a full time Accounts Payable Manager role based in Handforth near Manchester Airport. Office based three days and two days optional working from home.
Working for a very well established and highly successful organisation. Based in a friendly team and managing four Accounts payable staff.
The duties include:
- Management of the full AP function and development of the team.
- Ensure work is completed to agreed targets, taking corrective action as required and highlight on-going issues to Shared Services Manager
- Monitor and analyse the reporting of queried invoices to minimise instances and establish root cause analysis.
- Oversight of AP related correspondence and deal with any escalated issues
- Vendor Statement reconciliation review and checks for correctness
- Goods Received Not Invoiced reporting and associated periodic clear down
- Robust debit balance reporting and analysis ensuring these are minimised
- All month end processes/reporting including balance sheet recs and KPI reporting
- Oversight of all manual payments and bacs proposals prior to attaining CFO authorisation
- Ensure regular 121's are undertaken with all members of the AP team
- Constantly look to improve efficiencies within the department
- Work collaboratively with procurement to improve procure to pay process
- Ensure all AP statutory reporting is completed on time to a high standard
This successful candidate MUST:
- Have experience in a similar AP Manager role - Essential
- Have experience managing a similar team - Essential
- Have experience using finance system SAP - Essential
- Be comfortable using MS Excel at an intermediate level - Desirable
- Be an excellent communicator - Essential
- Have excellent attention to detail and be highly organised - Essential
This role is looking to pay up to £40,000 and includes an option 2 days working from home + parking + pension