The Lead Auditors role will be to lead and report on the Internal Audit assignments as set out in the Group Internal Audit Plan, especially relating to Retail, Logistics & Services.
The client are a well establish and well respected firm in Manchester
The Lead Auditor's responsibilities include;
- Driving the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Own, lead, plan, carry out and report on Internal Audit assignments as set out in the Group Internal Audit Plan (especially relating to Retail, Logistics & Services).
- Contribution to delivery of the GIA strategy and its ethos for continuous improvement.
- Provide review and quality control over audit reports and other key deliverable documents.
- Complete risk-based ad-hoc investigations and business support activities as required by the Group Head of Internal Audit.
- Assist in the development of the team's Internal Auditors and ensure that audit work and output meet the required standard.
- Drive continuous improvement and development of departmental processes and policies.
The successful Lead Auditor should be;
- Qualified IIA, ACCA, CIMA or ACA.
- Broad-based audit experience across multiple business functions and areas (previous retail experience desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator (verbally and in writing).
- Analytical approach to delivering pragmatic and practical solutions to control issues.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering to deadlines.
- IT literacy, including word processing, spreadsheet and database packages
- Knowledge of SQL writing is useful but not essential.
The successful Lead Auditor will receive;
- A competitive salary of up to £57,000
- Company pension with up to 6% contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester's Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Flexible working, as well as staggered start times, we know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our staff are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base with parking (subject to availability), socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates