Asset Servicing Analyst (Middle Office)
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
The Middle Office Asset Servicing Analyst is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- This role will manage reconciling and processing positions related to Voluntary Corporate Action events;
- Acting as an example to other team members, creating an ethical and motivated team environment;
- Acting as an intermediary and escalation point between processing staff and Operations Support Manager;
- Adhere to all Departmental Procedures and Controls;
- Analyze market changes and implement into current process where required;
- Assist in and lead ad-hoc projects on behalf of the team;
- Ensure accurate MIS reported on a monthly basis;
- Ensure all client queries are responded to within 24hrs of receipt;
- Ensure all event notifications/updates are reviewed within 24hrs of receipt (where response deadline is within 1 month);
- Ensure Client Chasing spreadsheet is submitted to client by 12pm;
- Ensure team is monitoring Global Inbox and covering other regions when required ,and clearing before EOD;
- Ensuring all Business deliverables are achieved;
- Escalate processing errors and potential risks to line manager upon discovery;
- Identifying areas of risk and implementing further Controls where necessary;
- Lead and coordinate User Acceptance Testing on enhancements to systems and also regression testing;
- Lead in the on-boarding of new clients or client accounts;
- Monitor and allocate all incoming client Instructions and custodian advices (received into XSP);
- Participate in and host team Huddles;
- Participate in bi weekly client call;
- Prepare relevant test scripts and participate in Contingency testing;
- Provide support to other Team Leaders in the section and across the department;
- Regular review and update of Procedures for the team;
- Review and provide feedback on Service Level Agreement applicable to the team;
- Support Supervisor on the performance and development of processing staff within the team;
- The accurate and timely processing of all events assigned;
- Verification of teams work, and release of instructions to the Market.
- Minimum 2 years of Financial Services experience;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of multiple types of investment instruments including: Equity securities, Fixed Income and Asset Backed securities;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Proven success as a team player;
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on own or part of a team;
- Ability to Multitask;
- Organizational skills;
- Self motivated;
- Ability to manage or lead team projects;
- ACCA certificate would be an additional plus.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary; annual salary review; annual performance bonus;
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.