Communications and Engagement - Asia-Pacific Tax
The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
- Function: Brand, Marketing & Communications (BMC)
- Sub Function: Communication & Engagement
- Job Rank: Assistant Director
- Scope: Global
- Location: Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney
This position supports business objectives and priorities directed by Asia-Pacific Tax leadership, by developing and delivering effective internal communications that engage and inspire stakeholders. Responsibilities range from advising Asia-Pac Tax leaders on internal communications strategy and effective messaging to executing leadership, operational and go-to-market communications creatively to increase and improve engagement with our professionals. It is also expected that various communications media and platforms will be used to engage audiences, including email, social, video, intranet, webcasts, speeches and supporting audio-visual materials.
This individual will work closely with the Asia-Pacific Tax BMC Leader, creating and overseeing the implementation of integrated plans, teaming with the Asia-Pacific BMC Communications & Engagement Leader and network. Due to the global nature of the businesses this practice runs and the need to focus on client issues that span EY services, it is critical to collaborate with Area BMC and Global Tax BMC colleagues, as well as those working in Knowledge, Global Communications, Service Lines, Markets and Marketing. The individual is also expected to have, or to quickly establish, a strong internal network and will be required to work with team members to identify appropriate key performance indicators at the beginning of major projects.
Success in this role will be achieved through cultivating advisor relationships with Asia-Pacific Tax Leaders and as well as Tax BMC colleagues, producing high-quality communications on leadership matters and more complex material, including conceptualizing presentations and remarks that resonate with key audiences.
Your key responsibilities
- In this role, you will play an important part within the Communication and Engagement team within Tax BMC. Your key responsibilities include:
- Design, set and execute communications strategies as well as stakeholder management.
- Proactively develop communications plans, messages and assets in support of the global Tax and Law offerings and initiatives, and collaborating closely with Region BMC colleagues to ensure these are carried through to the Regions in Asia-Pacific.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on BMC and Tax issues, trends and strategies in order to effectively execute communications that engage agreed-upon service line and, in some cases, cross-service line, audiences. Understand how technologies and workforce trends are transforming the ways we serve clients and deliver solutions.
- Prioritize communications that enhance the execution of our global NextWave:Tax strategy and Tax Transformation initiatives.
- Build skills in summarizing large volumes of complex information. Develop ideas and share innovative and creative communication approaches to key projects. Challenge the status quo as the firm and EY Tax continue to modernize channels and approaches.
- Create and manage an integrated “news desk” of internal communications activities, implanting a repeatable process for planning and measurement.
- Develop a well-connected network outside of Tax that includes BMC professionals across Consulting, Assurance, Strategy and Transactions and other Global Functions. Work closely with Area and Region Tax BMC colleagues to help ensure integrated activities across the business.
Skills and attributes for success
- Must be able to communicate well with senior leaders and stakeholders, collaborate effectively in a complex work environment.
- Demonstrate the professional competence, influencing skills and gravitas required to provide high-level communications leadership, with the ability to influence senior, demanding stakeholders.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples) of creative competency, channels strategy and the EY brand (for internal candidates).
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills with experience in delivering multi-channel campaigns.
- Execute quality deliverables across multiple media, which could include print, intranet, events and presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 - 7 years of experience (or equivalent area of study or experience); professional or higher qualification in Internal or Corporate Communications (preferred), Marketing or Public Relations (eligible)
- Driven communication activities to support change management initiatives
- Excellent copy writing and editing skills; content creation including video development, live and virtual event development and coordination experience
- Experience working virtually in a large global organization, across time zones and with different cross-functional teams.
- Potential to supervise offshore support team and agency support, or contractors
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders
- Expert level change communications experience
- Strong verbal and written English
Ideally, you’ll also
- Show initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; demonstrate reliability
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects concurrently, through excellent time management and organizational skills
- Be a strong self-starter and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Understand EY and the Tax business; effectively navigate EY’s and BMC’s matrix organization to access, inform and engage the right people at the right time
- Be prepared to travel to different locations as required.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.