Condies is an innovative Fife and Edinburgh-based accountancy firm with its headquarters in Dunfermline and is seeking a client manager to join their growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join our team and work in a friendly and supportive environment.
You will be fully responsible for a portfolio of clients with a team of skilled staff to support you. This is a pivotal role where you will work closely with the Partners, the operations team and Condies compliance and specialist teams to provide a seamless end to end service to our clients, identifying new business opportunities and providing a client journey tailored to individual current and future needs. Line management responsibility of the team will, however, remain with the Operations Manager.
The Technical Role
- Manage a varied client portfolio with responsibility for the whole client experience from start to finish.
- Work with the partners to understand clients need and regularly evaluate performance and other required services.
- Manage the scoping, planning, delivery and evaluation process for each client to ensure the smooth delivery of all compliance tasks including the production of accurate accounts and all basic VAT, Tax and payroll computations and bring in specialists on an ‘as needs’ basis.
- Arrange the finalisation of annual and periodic financial statements in consultation with assignment partner.
- Prepare and advise partners well in advance of scheduled client meetings, finalise all documentation and attend meetings at the request of the assignment partner.
- Actively monitor progress (including budgets) identifying improvements that can be made and training needs that arise.
- Work closely with the operations manager to schedule work and manage any ad hoc partner requests (e.g. share valuation, financial projections, financial system reviews, etc.)
- Undertake file reviews and other review work as necessary to ensure the accuracy of completed work and assignments being provided to client.
- Managing all work in progress and responsible for drafting fee notes for approval by assignment partner.
- Ensure compliance and risk are managed, with regular checks in place to evidence this.
- Be Xero accredited and grow your and the compliance team’s knowledge of cloud propositions to help your clients
- Plan and manage the transition of clients to online compliance software in order to reduce manual intervention.
Personal & Team Development
- Attend webinars and events to grow your own development, and keep abreast of the changes in clients’ needs
- Provide support and guidance to team in technical accounting and reporting matters, including identifying training/coaching needs.
Key Knowledge and Skills
This is a role for people who are keen to develop their careers and want to be at the forefront of our business. Key attributes required are:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness of your clients, their market and the accountancy market.
- Self-motivated with ability to encourage this in others
- Self- responsible and prepared to put the hours in when required
- Planning skills - ability to prioritise, schedule and manage conflicting deadlines and multiple workloads well.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Understand your clients and use your influencing skills to manage and nurture this relationship.
- Being able to think ahead and anticipate client and partners’ needs.
- Being open and approachable and demonstrate integrity and a high level of professionalism, setting a good example to the rest of the team
- Results driven
- Initiative - ability to use a methodical approach overcome obstacles and provide workable solutions
- Team player who collaborates to build and maintain productive relationships and trust
- Ability to reflect on one's own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- Be a positive face of the firm even in times of adversity and change