Insurance Senior Manager, London
Insurance Senior Manager
EY’s London Financial Services practice is experiencing massive growth. Based in the heart of Canary Wharf our Financial Services operation has enjoyed major business wins across Insurance and Banking clients in the area.
With a huge welcome from our clients and increased demand from the local financial services market, the London office is looking to recruit a Senior Manager with Insurance experience to join their Senior Management team.
Are you someone who has been operating at an experienced Manager level and have not got the progression you wanted? Or are you looking to relocate, or do you want to be part of an exciting growth story?
Your key responsibilities
To maintain and develop a portfolio of clients and advise on strategic issues by understanding the needs of the client, therefore being recognised as a trusted business advisor.
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address complex issues.
- Identify areas of risk within clients' businesses, define the appropriate audit approach, know when to refer upwards and apply judgment by effective risk appraisal of all work targeted and undertaken.
- Win work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non-audit clients.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques.
- Establish a strong network internally and externally and be regarded as having a strong impact and personally credible.
- Focus on Business Development by identifying and converting opportunities to sell work.
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro-active leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon.
- Portrays a clear sense of vision and direction and promotes the Firm's core values.
- Creates a climate of high performance in the team take pride and produce outstanding effort and dedication.
- Align personal motivation/inspiration of others with our strategy.
- Build cooperation between teams by sorting out issues such as time, money, information flow, structure and competencies.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA / ACCA / CPA / CA (ICAEW, ICAS or equivalent international awarding body) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), ideally in a business discipline taught in English
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise – specifically, experience in auditing Financial Services clients, particularly in the Banking sector. Insurance experience is also a desirable.
- Experience of operating as an experienced Manager or Senior Manager level, in the banking industry, with a firm understanding of regulation in an audit context.
- Able to demonstrate Business Development capability.
- Team and peer leadership skills.
- Demonstrate successful relationship management of sizeable clients/projects (e.g. sizeable complex publicly listed companies).
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here: https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/what-its-like-to-work-here
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.