Global Planning Operations - Senior Financial Reporting Specialist
Responsible for the financial report generation and supporting team in technical issues. It is a unique opportunity for a person with strong technical skills, who enjoys reports design and build, who wants to develop analytical skills through various queries and interactions with finance leaders at Area and Global level.
This role is for a person with 2+ year of financial related experience with focus on financial reporting, analysis and planning. Analyst in this role is responsible for the financial report generation and supporting team in technical issues.
This position may also support the design, implementation and ongoing development of firm wide annual financial planning processes. It is a unique opportunity for a person with strong technical skills, who enjoys reports design and build and wants to develop analytical skills through various queries and interactions with finance leaders at Area and Global level.
Your key responsibilities
- Build Plan/Forecast/MLP reports in Excel/Power BI based on mock-ups which are developed by senior GPO team members.
- Prioritize tasks to accomplish firm goals and objectives
- Build ad-hoc reports and analysis of planning figures, actual results based on view/ models which are developed by senior team members
- Assist senior GPO members in the analysis of monthly financial results
- Create PowerPoint presentations / assist in preparation of financial presentations for leadership
- Create and implement best practices for process improvement
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Focus on quality, professional approach and possible improvements
- Computer proficiency in complex aspects of financial software packages, including Essbase,
- Hyperion – will be an asset
- Knowledge and experience in Power BI, SQL, Smart view applications – will be an asset
- Good understanding of the Shared Service concept and processes – will be an asset
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years of financial related experience with a focus on financial reporting and analysis, financial planning
- Advanced Excel and good PowerPoint skills for building financial reports and presentations
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Financial analysis experience
What we look for
Top performer in this role is a person who seeks challenges and welcomes learning opportunities. GPO team members need to be ready to address new topics, design and create new models / analysis to provide exceptional client service. Best performing reporting specialist is someone with strong technical skills who is curious and seeks opportunities for improvements in order to design useful reports and analysis which can be leveraged. Finally, the top performer would be great at time management in order to ensure that various projects are delivered on time.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.