Pricing & Commercials Manager
As a team member, you will play an important role in creating value for EY while managing profitability and cost optimisation for Opportunity Partners and Pursuit Leaders. A key point of contact for leadership, you will support various aspects of the pursuit lifecycle ensuring EY’s cost-effectiveness.
You will find yourself leading projects and key workstreams for major internal stakeholders. In this role you will be working closely with Partners, Directors & Senior Managers across geographies and use your experience & financial knowledge to shape deals and advise on pricing structures. The function’s initial scope is large/complex/strategic deals, new revenue streams (e.g., asset-based solutions) and/or significant use of technology.
You will lead internal teams, run engagement logistics and play a contributing role in developing propositions. We expect a strong background of successful end-to-end project delivery operations in EY’s blue-chip clients. Our projects are delivered across the globe, hence ability and willingness to travel is important.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop clear understanding and knowledge base for all alternative delivery model components
- Design and challenge deal and delivery model
- Develop close ties with the Global Pursuit teams to support complex pricing scenarios
- Act as the primary commercial interface for GDS to serve internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure informed decision making between sales, delivery and EY Commercial interests to deliver optimal value for both external client and internal EY member firm
- Provide insights by analysing, modelling, advising, and operationalising deal reviews, client bids & other key commercial elements
- Co-ordinating and building relationships with local, Area and Regional commercial teams across Service Lines
- Develop and deliver ongoing training and awareness about various pricing approaches
- Facilitate governance and service line deal reviews
- Leadership responsibilities
- Ensure deliverables are quality focused and delivered on a timely basis
- Manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels, experiences, agenda’s and be responsible for overseeing the relationship
- Ensure effective execution of various Programme Management/Operational methodologies
- Utilise existing relationships to develop business opportunities
- Endeavour to become a trusted advisor of the Pricing & Commercials Leader- be seen in the team and be recognised as a first choice go-to person for delivery solutions
- People responsibilities
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring team members
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for team members
- Contribute to people initiatives - including recruiting, retaining and training
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of pricing and commercials approaches
- Enable and demonstrate strong leadership, innovative thinking and consensus-building skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients (internal/external)
- Enable knowledge sharing across team; ability to synthesize information from others; connect all facets of the business when initiating, developing and implementing projects; help the business address its big issues; serve as an organizational connector
- Self-starter, assertive, proactive approach, experience in stakeholder Management and ability to design and lead organisational change
- Strong interpersonal skills- written, presentation, negotiation and influencing
To qualify for the role, you must have
- The knowledge concerning global business fundamentals, business models, ethics, competitive analysis and cross-cultural/geographical sensitivities
- The ability to manage competing stakeholder requests and prioritising projects. Network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients (internal/external)
- Experience to handle a range of complex consulting and problem-solving situations. Exposure to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and unfamiliar environments
- Skills to resolve conflict and differences through application of interpersonal skills
- Strong working relationships across functional areas and through layers of seniority
- The ability to push back and influence business decisions
- An MBA or an Accounting qualification. Experience in finance, project management, business development and leadership presentations
What we look for
We are looking for an experienced, resilient team player with strong stakeholder management skills and good business acumen who is comfortable with working in an agile manner, supporting multiple stakeholders. You will be a change agent driving strategic pricing approach across geographies on high value deals for EY.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.