Finance role within Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis team to support globally one EY Service Line - Tax.
As a Finance Manager, you will perform in a role that serves as a business partner and advisor to key business leaders. This role provides critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results, in support of the Global Tax Service Line leadership team.
This role will establish a trusted relationship with their client, understanding their needs and teaming with other Finance team members to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions.
Your key responsibilities:
- Be the FRO for financial and operational issues supporting the Global Service Line, acting as a trusted business adviser. Develop effective working relationships with other members of the Global Tax Finance team and Service line leadership, becoming a key member of the team and point of contact.
- Coordinate Global Service line GMIC funding processes, including business case development, working with project teams on support and related funding requests, and providing Global leadership updates.
- Provide financial scenario modeling and analysis services on performance results of the Global Tax Strategic Priorities as outlined in the Global Tax Strategy, identifying trends and issues that need to be understood, and providing recommendation in support of the strategic direction of the practice
- Analyze and present complex financial data in a way that is easily understandable. Develop and support the delivery of communications/presentations that effectively engage audiences, responding to key business issues and recommended solutions.
- Respond to requests from Finance and Global Service Line Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making.
- Provide support to SL run initiatives as well as Finance run initiatives such as Gross Margin improvement, Mercury / SAP implementation, Planning, budgeting and forecasting (PBFA) cycle, Market Leadership Plan. Support the completion on time of the various Plan, Forecast, MLP and revenue planning cycles, ensuring outputs align to the objectives set.
- Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood in clear and visualized form
- Act as counsellor and coach to less experienced professionals as required, supporting development and demonstration of Trusted Business Advisor competencies of the team.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- A strong understanding of corporate financial management with concentration in financial planning and analysis is required
- Strong interpersonal skills - can work alongside and gain the trust and respect of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Credibility and confidence to challenge and propose better ways of doing things as well as build bridges and harmonize divergent interests and priorities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal; excellent presentation and client advisory skill
- Flexibility for limited travel
- Strong spoken and written English
- Spotfire / Tableau skills would be advantageous
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong technical skills with the ability to analyze problems, design and implement solutions independently
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills - Pivot, vlook ups and ability to manipulate and draw trends from vast amounts of data
- Power BI and/or other data visualization tool experience to support ad hoc analysis and build regular reports.
- Highly team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken and the ability to prioritize a number of conflicting demands to meet exacting deadlines
What we look for
We are interested in hiring a professional in customer service area with approx. 3 years of experience in finance. You should be able to work with limited supervision and demonstrate self-drive and also prioritize workload and deliver outputs within strict deadlines. As an ideal candidate, you should have a strong desire to help and support people requiring assistance and you have to be a fantastic team player.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.