Senior Associate, Sustainable Finance & Infrastructure Advisory
We’re expanding our team and looking for experienced, dynamic specialists to join our team as part of our continued growth and success in the ASEAN region. You will primarily be supporting a three-year sustainable infrastructure finance programme, focusing on Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, The Philippines and Myanmar.
As part of our Infrastructure Advisory team you will develop your commercial capabilities working with our global networks and fast-moving, emerging clients. Our diverse client portfolio will build your capabilities in pitching, briefing, managing relationships and challenging assumptions. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
Our sustainable finance team advises governments and corporate clients on a range of issues relating to the financing of renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure across ASEAN. This includes:
- financing of renewable energy/sustainable infrastructure;
- working with banks and other financial institutions on ESG disclosure, TCFD, climate risk, renewable energy finance
- developing green bond frameworks and supporting green bond issuances;
- advising on government policy and regulation as it relates to sustainable finance
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong commercial acumen and general commercial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Good time management
- Understanding of economic or social infrastructure procurement and delivery
- Management and coordination of junior staff across teams
- Enthusiastic work ethic and willingness to learn new capabilities and perform engagements in new sectors or specialties
- Stay abreast of cutting-edge industry knowledge and have the ability to quickly anticipate and respond to the issues of a networked and constantly changing global economy.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A minimum of two year’s relevant experience
- Experience in the infrastructure sector particularly: power and utilities, transport, health and education sector projects.
- An understanding of sustainable (green/social) infrastructure procurement and delivery
- Experience of developing government policy and regulation on all aspects of sustainable (green) finance.
- Knowledge of project financing, understanding of project financial modelling and financing markets
- Fluency in both verbal and written English. Ability to read and write in a South East Asian language would be helpful
Ideally, you also have:
- Advanced financial modelling skills, project finance modelling experience would be an advantage
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.