Assistant / Senior – Financial Services – Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Assurance
Assistant / Senior (Quantitative Analytics – Credit Specialist) – Financial Services – Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Assurance
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking to grow our Quantitative Analytics and Treasury Services (“QATS”) practice within the Financial Services - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”). More concretely we are looking for credit modelling and quant finance individual to support Assurance teams with collaborative testing of various models used for the purpose of financial reporting.
The service we provide within EY cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations and expected credit loss modelling. You will experience ongoing professional development through interactions with internal and external clients together with exposures to various industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, e-commerce, fintech and etc).
The QATS team at EY uses sophisticated techniques from financial engineering to credit modelling to assist clients to develop risk models for pricing, valuation, risk management and regulatory compliance purposes.
Your key responsibilities:
- Credit Modelling
- Perform model development and model validations on credit risk models for Basel and IFRS 9 purposes
- Identify sources of model risk through comprehensive review of all model components and developmental evidence and challenging the assumptions and basis of which the components are being derived
- Employ statistical modelling methodologies in performing validation and produce results to be analyzed from statistical as well as business perspective.
- Keep updated on industry developments in terms of regulatory requirements and best practice modelling techniques
- Write high quality model validation reports and/or presentations
- Project Management
- Technically contribute to managing projects which includes packaging overall project findings into clear, concise and high-quality deliverables
- Ensure all modelling tasks are completed timely
- Data Analytics
- Design meaningful application of data analytics to be used for auditing financial numbers including developing toolkit for data mining and work paper documentation standards
- Use data analytics to provide actionable, timely and accurate data to drive business insights around customer, regulatory risk, compliance, operations and financial to achieve greater return on investment.
- Build valuable relationships with external clients and internal peers
- Challenge yourself to continually learn and teach, mentoring others while developing your own career through various exposures in client projects
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Highly motivated, ability to multi-task, work independently under minimum supervision and deliver top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethics within a professional environment
- Good project management skills
The successful candidate must be able to display several achievements below:
- Within 6 months of joining, the candidate should:
- Understand how various credit risk parameters are developed and validated
- Gain basic understanding on programming languages, such as R, Python, SAS and VBA.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and take ownership on the projects assigned
- Within 1 year of joining, the candidate should:
- Confidently manage client and resolve issues typically encountered by client with regards to credit risk parameters quantification
- Explain to general non-technical audiences on the rationale of the assumptions, methodologies and movements of various credit risk parameters
- Adaptive and committed in intense environment and tight deadlines in providing deliverables to stake holders
- Excellent time management and prioritize various projects allocated
Able to work together within the team and actively provide guidance to junior staff in order to deliver high quality work products
To qualify for the role, you must have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a quantitative field e.g. mathematics, statistics, quantitative finance, data science, business analytics, physics, financial engineering or engineering with programming skills
- For senior role, minimum 2 years of relevant experience in any of the following areas: Capital Management, Model Development & Validation, Stress Testing, Risk Management IT implementation
- Experience in working in a team-oriented environment with proven track record of managing teams and delivering in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Experience in analytical and risk management tools/systems (e.g. SAS, R, Python, VBA, MATLAB, QlikView, Power BI, Excel, ACL, Python, R)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written communication and presentation skills to multiple levels of management and teams
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in teams
- Fresh Masters grads are welcomed
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior working experience in banking industry, specifically, credit model development or validation will be highly advantageous
- Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent analytical skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
The successful candidate must also be committed to staying at the cutting edge of both the latest credit risk modelling techniques, business developments and accounting standards. We're seeking leaders with the ability to quickly anticipate and respond to the issues of a networked and constantly changing global economy.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.