Global Equities External Reporting Product Controller - Vice President
CIB – F&BM – Global Equities – External Reporting – VP – Poland
The Global Equities External Reporting team sits within the Equity Controller organisation, itself a part of Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM), and is responsible for key external disclosures across the business globally that forms part of the firm’s quarterly 10Q and annual 10K file with the SEC, as well as US Regulatory Reporting requirements. Additionally it is responsible for supporting the reporting, efficient management of and explain of key financial resources (predominately Capital and Balance Sheet) across the business and other F&BM stakeholders. The team has evolved in response to heightened sensitivity and requirement for fortress balance sheet, strong liquidity, and robust financial performance measures (Tier 1 Capital ratio / Leverage ratio / Return on Equity etc) as well as the efficient management of regulatory capital.
The JPMorgan Global Equities Business is a global leader in providing a wide range of equities solutions to our clients, this incorporates many products, including equity derivatives, options, hedge fund products, Variable Funding Notes, Exchange Traded Funds, structured liabilities, cash equity products, clearance and settlement of securities, margin financing and securities lending. In addition, the business also offers flexible financing to clients in either physical form or through synthetic products and with its ability to borrow and lend securities (stock loan) or allow clients to create short exposure. A further role of the financing business is to provide the businesses with both short term and long term secured funding.
Reporting to the Global Equities External Reporting lead in London, the individual will provide management oversight of the Polish team of 8, in relation to the following team responsibilities:
- Various footnote disclosure preparation and review that form part of the firms quarterly 10Q and annual 10K file with the SEC eg FVM, FVO, Long Term Debt, Sale & TRS, FAS107, in addition to US regulatory submissions, including FRY-15, Call Report and FRY-9C
- Forecasting of Balance Sheet, RWA and other metrics such as GSIB, SVA and CIBT charges, etc.
- Adhoc requests which involve data reconciliation, investigation and explanation of key business drivers to senior management, CIB Treasury, Corporate Reporting and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the team as required for the various external reporting submissions
- Participate and assist in driving efficiency improvement and process re-engineering efforts
- Build strong relationships with a broad range of counterparts and stakeholders across the regions including accounting policy, regional product controllers, financial controllers entity controllers, various project teams and asset class controllers.
- Review of actual results in particular variances over time periods as well as vs. forecasts, and ensure the reporting adheres to regulatory and accounting requirements.
- Ensure LOB is in compliance with all CIB and Corporate policies such as Product Controller minimum standards (e.g. controls, processes are documented and transparent)
Competencies and skills:
- Strong people manager
- Qualified Accountant; regulatory understanding key (US GAAP/SEC reporting desirable)
- Banking experience and some understanding of Equities products would be desirable
- Control/efficiency mindset & strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Well organised; ability to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proactive and willing to accept responsibility
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; Team Player
- Keen focus on continuous process and reporting improvements
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.