As Financial Analyst you will be part of a the Finance Business Partner team, you will work at a strategic level, focused on partnering with key stakeholders in protecting and driving growth of the business. You will have the opportunity to work with leadership and key stakeholders. You will support operational decisions made across the business bringing analytical, commercial and strategic insights to drive performance and value creation.
What the role will involve;
- You will use an analytical data-driven approach to provide insight and challenge, and partnering with the organisation to drive business performance and value
- Support the Senior Finance Business Partners in presenting analysis and recommendations for future strategies in their areas, ensuring best practices and process standardisation to activities like business cases
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand & act upon business requirements
- Work collaboratively across different finance teams, particularly the strategic finance and FP&A teams
- Work closely with FP&A to provide analytical expertise, insights and intelligence to so that it can be understood and used to manage and grow the business whilst making sound financial decisions
- Understand our customers and our competitors, while keeping up to date with commercial trends
- Assist with the development of the business cases supporting financial and analytical deliverables
What we’re looking for;
- Educated to a degree level+ and likely to be a qualified accountant with 3+ years PQE
- Experience with data mining, BI and predictive analytics tools a distinct advantage
- Project experience or experience of working in a fast-paced environment / retail / FMCG
- A critical thinker who asks the right questions and is strong in the ‘what if’
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders, be commercially aware and numerically savvy
- Storytelling and communication skills and comfortable working cross-functionally throughout the business
- Commercial instinct with the ability to quickly understand the implications of a situation on our commercial performance, incorporate this into an analysis and communicate it effectively.
- Action orientated and solutions focused, with a passion and drive to grow the business
- Emotional intelligence to effectively communicate the impact of specific business issues, overcome challenges and formulate growth scenarios
- Ability to collect, process & perform data analyses using a number of BI tools with strong skills in data interrogation across financial & non-financial data
- Effective planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to identify risks & opportunities with the confidence to present solutions in a methodical manner
- Ability to work in an agile environment with ad-hoc, project-based activities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.