Analyst - Operational Risk Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Analyst, Operational Risk Analytics is a key member of the Model Strategy & Data Analytics team and will have the responsibility for all the Operational Risk models. The role will cover several aspects of model development, model execution and reporting, as well as ensuring adherence to internal policies and procedures, and key regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the execution of the Operational Risk capital models, internal ICAAP and capital allocation models, and resolving complex issues during the process
- Support the team in the development of Operational Risk models and Fraud models and related analyses. Additionally, support the team in the development of data visualization dashboards, machine learning models and natural language processing analytics using non-financial risk data
- Responsible in the production of regulatory reports, and internal operational loss reports/dashboards to business unit managers as and when required
- Responsible for the automation of data analytics dashboards (using Power BI/R Shiny), excel automation using VBA Macros, and model documentation automation (using LateX)
- Evaluate existing model framework, assess model enhancement needs and pitch ideas in accordance with the industry leading practices
- Work with other risk and compliance teams (quality assurance, model validation, audit etc.) to ensure that the model framework is consistent with the regulatory and internal policy and guidelines
- Master in Statistics/ Economics/Mathematics/advanced degree in quantitative field
- B.Tech. From Tier-1 college with MBA in related field
- Strong statistical modeling skills
- Knowledge of probability distributions, monte-carlo simulations, copulas etc.
- Strong scripting skills in R, Python or equivalent (R is preferred)
- Expertise in Tableau, Power BI etc. for data visualization projects is plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of model governance, model validation, monitoring, and regulatory guidance
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.