Office Equity Solutions (OES) is seeking a skilled Property Accountant to lead and maintain the accounting and financial records for our fast–paced property management department. We have proudly been in business for over 30 years offering our clients full–service property development and property management services. We seek to create value for our investors and partner with our team members to maximize their asset in the DFW marketplace. OES seeks dynamic, team players to make positive and impactful contributions to our organization.
As a self–driven, analytical and strategic hands–on Property Accountant, you will be a key leader of the property management team. You will participate in the development and support of the of the efficient practices of the company's strategic goals. Additionally, you will be helping guide the financial direction of the business ensuring accounting excellence across the property management department.
• Perform and oversee all accounting operations including billing, cash flow management, accounts receivable, accounts payables and bank reconciliations
• Manage and produce timely and accurate preparations of monthly financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reporting to distribute to property managers
• Communicate financial metrics to management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Review financial results and provide key metrics to improve profitability and explain variances and opportunities
• Ensure accuracy of accounting reporting, maintain proper internal controls and adhere with GAAP as well as company policies
• Track, review, and process payments for all invoices for managed properties in a timely manner and manage cash flow of each property account
• Identify, reconcile and resolve all vendor issues for all property accounts
• Calculate monthly property management fees on fixed or percentage terms per management agreements and process monthly
• Prepare and produce accurate operating expense projections and tenant reconciliations on an annual basis and provide backup documentation for verification
• Prepare, calculate, and process monthly cash analysis, and Partner distributions
• Track and process all monthly loan statement for designated properties to ensure timely payment and property cash flow
• Prepare annual property tax spreadsheet and distribute payments for all managed properties for accurate amounts and payments due
• Prepare annual budgets for all managed properties and manage them throughout the year
• Assist property managers and CFO on any other projects as needed
• Maintain a documented system for accounting policies and procedures
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Manage and maintain state registrations, business and tax licenses, etc.
• Maintain relationships with key external partners (banking, insurance, property owners)
• Liaise with outside CPA's on all audit and federal & state tax matters
• Develop and execute processes in support of the management departments strategic plan
• Assists with special projects, research and analysis as needed
• Assists in other areas within the company as needed
• 4+ years accounting experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in property management accounting preferred
• Knowledge of computer applications including Quickbooks, Advanced skills in Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication over a variety of communication channels
• Demonstrates ability to work well under pressure in a stressful and deadline driven environment
• Ability to multi–task while managing numerous projects and meeting deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and organization
• Ability to incorporate strategic decision–making.