Assistant Financial Controller
We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems. An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively. The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to a financial controller. This is a career opportunity and provides the potential for upward advancement.
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions for the company, including job costing
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for all audits, including union trust, insurance, and any others that are required.
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the company's accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Perform various other duties as assigned to meet the company objectives
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position, you can't be over qualified for this position (more experience the better)
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software Quickbooks
- Well–organized with ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently with little oversight on the daily
- Attention to detail and problem–solving ability
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
- Competitive wage based on Education and experience as well as an excellent benefit package. We are looking for experience, this is not an entry level position.