Senior Accountant - Construction
CAREERS WITH OUR CLIENTS THROUGH DHG SEARCH
Senior Accountant – Construction – Augusta GA
We have partnered with an established and well–respected organization in the commercial construction space in Augusta GA. We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join the corporate accounting team and maintain oversight, performing analysis and reporting for revenue and costs associated with multiple and ongoing construction projects.
Reporting to the senior management, this Senior Accountant will oversee the daily construction cost accounting operations of the department, following up with individual project staff and collaborating cross–functionally with operations to ensure that the department is moving forward and providing adequate support throughout the organization. As a key member of the project teams, the Senior Accountant will strengthen the cash flow process and financial position through production analysis, budget to actual review, providing accurate and up to date financial and operational reporting.
Comprehensive working knowledge of construction specific GAAP principles, WIP calculations, job costing, percentage of completion and labor and materials accounting principles is required.
The candidate we are seeking will a self–directed professional with strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills. He or she must be an effective communicator with the ability to manage competing priorities well. A Bachelor's degree is required and a background in construction accounting is preferred but manufacturing which includes WIP, percentage of completion and inventory/cost accounting may transition well.
– Oversee a small project accounting team that provides accounting support to project and operations staff in day to day accounting and reporting on a per job basis, consolidating and reconciling to successfully execute month–end
– Support the preparation and review of financial statements and supporting schedules
– Prepare monthly account reconciliations and perform analysis and review of revenues and expenses, ensuring appropriate recording and reporting
– Verify transactions through regular internal audit processes and support external auditors compiling information and preparing documentation
– Maintain accounting software systems, increasing efficiencies and developing standard practices
– Collaborate with Controller to develop, implement and manage departmental policies and procedures, ensuring compliance and making adjustments as needed
– Assist with special and ad hoc accounting and finance projects when requested
?? Comprehensive knowledge of construction specific accounting and finance reporting methods
?? Proven ability to deal with tight deadlines, completing multiple concurrent and competing projects
?? Solid leadership and team development skills with strong analytical problem–solving skills
?? Ability to deal with confidential information and situations
?? Prior experience with RedTeam, Timberline, Yardi, JDE, Sage FAS or similar system etc.
?? Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office Suites, particularly Excel
– Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or Management
– 3+ years of construction industry accounting experience
– Task oriented self–starter who is a solid communicator, able to interface at various levels
Compensation range aligns with local market and salary offered will be commensurate with experience.