Accounts Payable Specialist
Experienced Accounts Payable Specialist
Dowdy is an established fast–growing company that specializes in site development, commercial plumbing, and residential plumbing services and is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to become part of our team! This position requires an individual who is detail–oriented, can maintain confidentiality with all financial information within the company, demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity, and ensures work is managed in a highly structured way while enabling adequate time for completion within assigned deadlines.
As the Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for handling all administrative and clerical needs of the Accounts Payable Department. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Verify material and services billed are accurate using 3–way match reconciliation process (invoice, receiver, purchase order).
- Enter approved vendor invoices into the system.
- Accurately enter and process vendor invoices using construction accounting software and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Obtain and enter subcontractor AIA project billing documents monthly.
- Schedule and process vendor payments using various payment methods in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Review, dispute, reconcile and record purchasing card transactions.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Record contractual accounts payable transactions (including non–invoiced activity.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are processed within terms and in compliance.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Produce reports as needed.
- Assist with month–end closings.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Track and manage Notice to Owner (NTO) filings received.
- Obtain vendor/subcontractor lien waivers as required.
This position comes with generous benefits , including:
- Pay range: $20–24, depending on experience.
- Medical Coverage
- Supplemental Coverage (dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, accidental)
- Paid time off
Requirements for Accounts Payable Specialist
- Must have at least 4 years' experience in either an Accounts Payable, accounting, or bookkeeping role.
- Must successfully pass a Level 2 background check and pre–employment drug screening test.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suites to include Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat and able to create and edit PDFs.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills in Accounts Payable practices and systems and able to utilize construction accounting software.
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and pay processes.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and able to follow directives.
If you are interested in working for our company and are qualified, don't wait to apply – this position won't last long! Interested candidates should apply on LinkedIn or at
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY/ADA STATEMENT: Dowdy supports the employment of individuals with disabilities and encourages them to seek employment within our company. If you need an accommodation because of a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Janice Livingston at .
Dowdy is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. Dowdy is a drug–free workplace. All applicants must submit to and successfully pass a pre–employment drug screening prior to being hired. Some positions may require a Level 2 background clearance as a condition of employment.